Good morning, Friends and Loved Ones,
I don't have too much to report regarding DJ's trip to the UCSF for appointments yesterday: the children and I remained at home for school and work while DJ attended a 9:00 am "fitting" in preparation to receive radiation to his chest wall, the surgery site; he wasn't allowed to eat after 7:00 am until after his PET/CT scan which began at 1:00 pm; his cousin Tammy works downtown San Francisco and yesterday was her birthday, so DJ hung out with her while he waited in between appointments; he is scheduled to return next Thursday, September 4, for a practice run-through of radiation (it seems to be a very scientific and precise procedure - which is good and important, since the laser that is being aimed at the body burns and kills thing; it's good to be sure that the things be burned and killed are correct!); we speculate that the 5-10 days of treatment probably will begin sometime the week of September 8; when he finished the PET/CT (a 2-hour process), the traffic in the city was thick, so he shared a meal with his family before driving home to Paso Robles; and he arrived just as I was preparing to fall asleep. I don't anticipate receiving results of the scan before next week. This is all I know at 6:45 am. :-) I am happy to trust and love the LORD, who knows everything and is working all things for His glory, which is for our good. "Patience is better than pride".
A post without photos is perhaps a boring post indeed; and this photo has little to do with the paragraph above, but it makes me happy - an image of my new little niece, Haven Rae Wittstock, born July 12, 2014 to my sister LaRae and her husband Scott Thomas Wittstock.

No comments:
Post a Comment