May 21, 2008

My sister and "The Story of Stuff"


My sister LaRae N.M.N. McDonald is funny and creative and energetic and intelligent and witty and wonderful! I love that she laughs easily and thinks deeply. I wish for my own daughters, in these days of their childhood when they are housemates, that they will appreciate and enjoy and befriend and protect each other, and that they will invest in and be blessed by the gift of sisterhood. It would be fantastically super if my sister and I lived closer to each other than the 1000 miles which geographically separate us. My sister is the one who sent the link to me...

"The Story of Stuff" http://www.storyofstuff.com/ is a 20-minute movie which I find fascinating and disturbing and compelling. I hope that you will watch and consider. I am re-inspired to live by such cliche's as the following: "Less is more". "Travel lightly". "Keep it simple, stupid!" :-) "Reduce, reuse, recycle." And this lovely quote which I discovered in the office of the woman that coordinated a cataract surgery for Nanny in March: "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"

After you watch the film, I am eager to receive your thoughts and responses! May we all be blessed by and filled with contentment and joy and grace and simplicity. The end.

No comments: