I appreciate how much you love me and how patiently you wait for me to post to this site. Thank you for loving me, and thank you for loving us!
Here is a verse that I can't get out of my head recently: "God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ" (First Corinthians 1:9). I remember my momma saying in my early days, "Fellowship is two fellows in the same ship." This verse makes me happy, because I really love fellowship. I deeply desire to share in close communion with others; and I love it that in God's faithfulness, His primary call to me is not that I get my doctrine correct or that I follow rules or that I act religious. God has called me into FELLOWSHIP! With JESUS! Wow. This is what life is all about.
Life is also about changes and growth, and that is occurring in our household. Alexandra Bigelow has begun her freshman year at San Diego State University; she is accepted to the Children's Theater program, and she seems to be fitting in very well to her new life. Caed and Brooke and I miss her, but we are adjusting to our household of three. Alex is well-placed at SDSU, and I feel healthy and peaceful in this new season of our lives.
| Move-In Day: August 26, 2016 |
| Alex brought as many books as her mother could carry up the hill and up three flights of stairs to her dorm room |
| Ready to go! Go, Aztecs! |
And here is a little peek into HollyB's heart: I am happy to report that as time marches on since DJ went to Jesus, my heart is healing up. It was in August particularly that I began to sense strength returning and healing occurring. If you've paid attention to me for more than three minutes, you know that I am an emotional roller coaster generally speaking, when life is "normal'; and this past year in particular has been like a most intense roller coaster ride in the dark. So it's not to say that my emotions don't vacillate per usual; but - most of the angst and the more intense loneliness that I felt in the first nine months following DJ's physical death seem to be subsiding. Oh, there's much more to report, and I am not free at this time to do so. But Jesus is healing my heart, and I am grateful for His grace.
If you are so inclined, take a listen to this song by Chris Tomlin about Jesus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEbQswNB6Wc
The line that says "He carries my healing in His hands..." is true of me. I am grateful.
I know that you pray for our family, and I cannot tell you enough times: thank you, thank you, thank you. The support that we receive from ya'll is fantastic. We are blessed beyond measure and certainly without merit. I am very grateful for the administration of God's grace to our family. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are EXCEPTIONAL :-).
October 31 will mark one year since DJ went to Jesus. Wow. What a year. God's grace is sustaining us and blessing us.
The End, for now.
2 comments:
I always come away blessed when I read your blog, Miss Holly! <3
Thank you, Nancy!! Are you Nancy Wilkes?
Post a Comment