Well, we waited every day for the past week to know when DJ's procedure would be scheduled, and every day I received a call from the surgery coordinator who apologized for the delay but was herself waiting for confirmation of a surgery time and date. It seems that a group of patient-care workers throughout the UC system have been negotiating their stuff for a while, and they perhaps were going to strike. In any case, at 8:20 a.m. yesterday we received word that we should check in today at 6:30 a.m. for DJ's procedure. So yesterday was a flurry of preparations, including that my dear sister flew from Seattle to care for the kid lets and the household while DJ and I are here in San Francisco at the UCSF.
![]() |
| May 8, 8:35 a.m., on his way to the Operating Room |
I wait still in this hour to be reunited with DJ in his room; I guess that his recovery is lengthy and that perhaps the pain management team are hard at work trying to ease his discomfort.
I read these words in Philippians earlier this week, which jumped off the page and into my heart as I have prayed, as you have prayed, and as DJ has displayed such courage. May it be that Jesus Christ is being exalted in our bodies and in our lives:
"...I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God's provision of the Spirit of Christ Jesus what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance (I'm glad that DJ isn't in jail, as Paul was when he wrote this). I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ..."
Thank you sooooo very much for loving us and for praying for us! God's grace is abounding! Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment