March 30, 2013

Family Update

Dear Everyone,

My life is flying by!  Thank you for loving us so much that you want to know how we are; here you come to find out, and it's been 3 months since I've posted - Sheesh! 

I think the reason is that "Time flies when you're having fun", and my life is SO MUCH FUN!  I'm married to the Funniest Man Alive who also happens to be an Amazing Father; and the children in my home are so unique and precious and rug-rat-ish and wonderful; and I am blessed beyond measure!




Here are some recent highlights:  Alexandra Bigelow (14-years of age) is oh-so happy to be a part of the ensemble in an upcoming musical production of "Once Upon A Mattress".  Come watch her at Paso Robles High School April 19-21 or April 26-28.  When she is not rehearsing, she is singing and dancing to many other Broadway tunes.  Brooke "Brookelow" Bigelow (11 years of age) has begun a new season of softball, coached by her very own father DJ Bigelow; her team the "Ninja Turtles" are managed by Yours Truly, Holly Bigelow (which is part of the reason that I have not sat often at this keyboard to post to this site).  Brooke continues in her role of catcher and she is very good!  Softball is a busy and super fun time of year!  Caedmon Van Bigelow (8 years of age) keeps adding to his collection of Legos; "Lego Land" is how I describe the multi-purpose room in our home in which much of his construction occurs.  Caed also enjoys attending karate lessons twice per week and couch jumping.  Mildred Crabtree has advanced this month to the grand age of 91; she is slowing down but still "kicking"  :-).  Holly Bigelow (just turned 40) has just figured out why Joyce Johnson claims to be perpetually 29-years old - because that is how I really feel!  I am astounded at the magnitude of love and celebration I received at a surprise birthday party in my honor that occurred last week, to which people came from far and near.  The love tank in my heart is so full; thank you for loving me, every one of you!  I am blessed beyond measure!  DJ Bigelow also celebrated a birthday this month; he is 44-years of age and he will be featured in a soon-and-coming post to this blog.

Here is something to ponder as I close, which I copied and pasted from the newsletter of a friend...who will remain anonymous until I obtain such friend's permission to advertise.  What do you think about these words?

Quote of the Day


God loves to be depended on. So He gives imperfect, inadequate human beings impossible assignments.

-Crawford W. Loritts, Jr

The End, for now. 

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Dear Holly B -

I'm so honored to be mentioned in your post! 29 is a good age to be!

Love ya!