March 16, 2011

Clearness in the Colon :-)

Hello, Friends and Neighbors!  Thank you for visiting me here, and for your interest in our well-being and your love and support for our family.  I have happy news to report:  on Monday March 14, after having liquid-fasted the day prior (as well as having bicycled 24 miles with a friend!), DJ Bigelow underwent a colonoscopy; and the result was that his gasterenterologist declared DJ's colon to be free and clear of polyps or tumors or other alien masses.  Hooray!  We are grateful and happy to have received such news!  And DJ was happy to be able to resume eating after the procedure.  :-)

Here is a picture of DJ trying to get Alexandra to smile for the camera with him.

In other family news, Mildred Louise Crabtree, a.k.a. "Nanny", arrived at  her 89th birthday on Tuesday, March 8th.  We celebrated by sharing her favorite meal with dear friend Cyrstal Benyo and her mother-in-law Jeannie.  A good time was had by all!


We neglected to secure the number "9" candle, which is why Nanny's birthday pie says "88", plus one extra.  Eighty-eight plus one equals eighty-nine.  :-) 


HollyB and Caedmon



Brooke is a silly goose!




Jeannie and Nanny and the birthday pie!



Well, Alex lifted her gaze, but she doesn't seem too happy about it.  She is a silly goose, also!

The End (for now).



5 comments:

Beth said...

that is great news! Love to you Holly and the rest of the family.

HollyB said...

Thank you, Beth. What is your last name? I am friends with several of the same name, and I'm not sure which one you are. :-)

The Smith Family said...

Holly, great news. I remember that DJ told me that he was missing one of his golf clubs - just curious if it was found during the colonoscopy.

tim smith

Joyce and Bob said...

So glad to hear "clearness in the colon"! I think someone should write a country song about that! Maybe I will - and sing it to DJ over and over! I know he would love that! :-)

Love u guys!

JJ and BJ

Matt said...

Yay! What great news for birthday-boy DJ and the rest of the family. We rejoice with you and praise the Lord for the kindness He has shown in this.

Missing you much,

Matt and Jenny